Sunday, 8 February 2015

Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb

Larry spans the globe, uniting favourite and new characters while embarking on an epic quest to save the magic before it is gone forever. 



Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb is the third Night at the Museum movie which gives us a third adventure. This film was definitely more entertaining than I thought it would be. At this point a third movie is just going to pay checks and have a bunch of CGI dinosaurs running around with historical figures. Don't get me wrong, it is a lot like that but it's pretty good. I may (I know I am) be still a big kid at heart but when I see Lancelot fighting a triceratops: I'm happy. There are some obvious parts in the movie where they could have find some other twists and turns rather than going for the obvious. Keeping in mind that the movie is aiming children nonetheless. The comedy however is historically speaking very smart; beside this cave man thing which is just dumb comedy and is bringing the movie down. If  he wasn't in the movie it would have been a pretty solid comedy movie for kids AND adult. Then adult based references start kicking, some surprised cameo as well and that I don't think a child could get them. Moments like that impressed me. Moreover, it engaged children because the magic that brings everyone alive at night is going away but what engage adult is the reliability of human characters, the heart brings us into a kid movie. At the beginning the movie was kind of lacking in this aspect until it excelled which is almost not deliberately done. It's not a spoiler but you know at the end of the film they're all saying goodbye and it's Robin Williams last film... He's saying his goodbye and it is really really deeply sad. It's even hard to watch. OK. I cried. Robin Williams is saying goodbye to us. It made me glad I watched the movie, that was a scene worth seeing for sure. This ending eclipse the rest of the movie and take to a whole new direction.        


Overall this film has some good jokes, some others fall flat. It's a fun adventure for kids and surprisingly for adult as well. If you are yourself a big kid and a fan of robin Williams I highly recommend it! 
"Magic never ends"

No comments:

Post a Comment