Saturday, 18 October 2014

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

When a kingpin threatens New York City, a news reporter find a quad of mutants which makes an alliance to unravel Shredder's plan as the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. 


I've been hoping for a new live action Ninja Turtles movie since I've seen 1993 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie when I was younger. This new movie is directed by Michael Bay... Oh no sorry Jonathan Liebesman. If you grew up in the 90's you've heard of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles before, you probably play one of the game, watched the films or saw the cartoons; a slice of nostalgia from my childhood. If I'm honest I'd tell you that I didn't want to go see this movie at first, but I did it anyway and as I was expecting: it's not really that good. They turned TMNT into a Michael Bay movie! Children are going to love it! this film look like a Bay movie so bad that I wouldn't have been surprised to see Optimus Prime rolling around and fighting. Plus, this movie's storytelling is very bad and it relies too much on the fact that you watched Ninja Turtles before like Raphael's monologue in which he explains how he's a dick sometimes. Moreover, the iconic villain: Shredder is a total fail, he doesn't have a shrink of personality. Megan Fox is functional, at least more functional I thought she will be. Finally, the turtles were the only thing that quite works for me. They did embody the Ninja Turtles pretty well with their singular personalities. A lot of skills is put in the turtle's ninja moves, regards to this it's vivid and super fluid; but as per usual it's this way because they are entirely digitally created shots. Whenever there's not an action scene that does not involve 100% digital effects: it's BAD. The ending is the exact same ending as The Amazing Spider Man 2 , if you've seen that film... I'm not going to spoil. 


Overall, children will have fun watching TMNT but if you require a good villain, good characterisation and good supporting characters: it's not this movie. OR if you enjoyed The Transformers films you'll probably like this movie which include a shred of clever film making and a whole bunch of special effects throwing to your face.

No comments:

Post a Comment